Monday, December 11, 2006

December 10. Another cold morning today at 30 degrees, but it did eventually get up to 60 here. When I went to take the dogs out for their morning walk we were confronted by a broken dockside pipe spraying an impressive torrent of water across the only dock between us and poopsville. I went back to the boat and put my foulies on to run through the water. It looked like one of those fire hydrants that the kids open up on those hot city nights.

When we get to the edge of the water I pick Molly up under one arm and when I bent down to grab Tucker under the other arm he just flattened out on his belly. He was like “I’m not sure what you’re gonna do with her but you’re not doing it with me”. Finally after I had a dog under each arm I started to bolt through the spray of water then I realized that the water on the dock had turned into a thin veneer of ice. It was about 200 tiny Japanese steps to cover the 15 feet of wet dock. I thought I was going to bust my ass with a Schnauzer under each arm, get frozen to the dock and then probably drown. Thankfully the dockmaster had the water off before we got back from our walk. I was wondering if the dogs would mind being bowled down the icy dock and through the spray. I’ll keep that in the back of my mind incase I need it in the morning.

We spent the better part of the day doing boat chores. Christy emptied every locker of its contents and reorganized the entire boat. I created a system for us to lock the boat from the inside while we’re asleep at night. Before the boat could only be locked from outside so now there’s no worry of a midnight sneak thief getting into the boat. A couple of other small projects killed the afternoon so we went up to the marinas lounge and watched a little football. Go blue.

On a side note, it’s been 4 days since Christy has talked to Charlie on the phone and she has remained uninjured, so we must be out of range. So Charlie, feel free to call anytime you want.

After dinner on the boat we plan to spend the evening reading and planning tomorrow’s projects. All in all a very pleasant day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Its April and no updates since December. Are you lost at sea?

Anonymous said...

huh. bookmarked thoughts.