Monday, December 11, 2006

December third was another day of leisure. We slept in until 0900 and when we went topside it was gray and dreary out. We took a little walking tour of the marina looking at this and that. Its Sunday so the marina was closed and we pretty much had the place to ourselves. We were on our way back to the boat when we ran into Eddie and he invited us to ride to Jacksonville, NC with them.

Ed had to hit the Lowes there for a few things so we went for the ride. We did a little walking in a few stores and if anyone even thought that they were in your way they’d practically jump aside excusing themselves for being in your way. Its truly amazing how polite these people are.

After the stores, we decided to stop for some Thai food while we were in the big city. I’ve never eaten Thai food before and amazed at the size of the portions and how good everything was. I made quite the pig of myself ate everything I could reach. First Shrimp & Grits and now Thai, who knows whats next.

Our part is supposed to arrive around 1630 hours tomorrow so I’ll do the other small chores that I have to do beforehand so I only make a mess once.

No comments: