Monday, May 9, 2011

May 8, 2011.

The first few days after arriving in Annapolis were spent scrubbing and cleaning the Veranda. We cleaned the hull as best the confines of the slip would allow. We also did some more Flitzing, washed the boat, waxed the topsides, scrubbed the cockpit, used Aluma Guard on the arch and ran the Ethernet cable for the Bullet.

Running the Ethernet cable from the radar arch to the nav station was going to be a pain in the ass so I was avoiding it as long as possible. Yes, I procrastinate, I’ll explain why in the future. I had the cable temporarily draped through the cockpit and down the companionway (for 3 months). I just wanted to be sure that the Bullet truly was the next best thing in wifi before I permanently ran the wire. It is, we ran the wire and now it’s done. Thank you, Jesus.

My job that I’ve had here in Annapolis for the last 2 seasons has evaporated. Bob and Dullard were partners and they’ve broken up. Bob is a very talented diesel guy and he’s opted to stay in Florida where he typically spends the winters. Dullard’s main talent was being a millstone around Bob’s neck and now that that opportunity is gone I’m not sure what he’s going to be doing. You want fries with that comes to mind.

So I emailed my resume to a friend of a friend who has his finger on the pulse of Annapolis. Within 2 hours he had forwarded my resume to a guy that was looking for some help. Perfect, I am some help. I called the guy up and scheduled an interview for the next morning.

The place is within walking distance so on Friday morning I headed over for the interview. The interview went well and I was asked when I could start. When I replied “immediately” he took me at my word and said “great, go get your tools”.

I walked the 20 minutes back to the boat to get my tools. I have 2 large canvas bags of tools, and another small but extremely heavy bag, and a rather large bag of electrical tools and a boxed ratchet set. I grabbed 1 bag of the most commonly used tools and my ratchet box and headed back. I figured that I’d just bring something else with me every day.

My first day at work went well with a bunch of small things filling my day. This could work out pretty well….


M said...

Where are you finding the pictures? Perfect. Congrats on the job.

Deb said...

Wow! Wish my job hunt was going that well...

S/V Kintala