Thursday, February 2, 2012

January 29, 2012.

To recap. We spent several days enjoying Hog Cay. We dinghied into town where we were able to purchase 5 gallons of gasoline and to confirm that there will in fact be a Superbowl party. We also successfully picked up our globe trotting propane tank from the mailboat.
Our freezer was full so we spent the balance of our time hiking, reading and working on other peoples boats. There might have been some drinking as well.

On Saturday morning we sailed off the hook and headed north to Raccoon Cay. We just needed to get out and blow the stink off. We were treated to 2 hours of perfect sailing and we soon had the hook down at one of the southern anchorages. We haven't been hunting for close to a week so we hit the coral heads nearest the boat and were soon home with 4 lobsters.

Sunday morning we got a call for help from one of our friends. They ran hard aground in a shallow bay just over a mile to our north. Mike from Sapphire and I showed up and Synergy was soon once again afloat will no ill effects. After going home and having breakfast we decided to apply ourselves and go out and do a little hunting.

We headed over to one of my favorite haunts and it was just one of those days. Christy dropped me into the water in the middle of “my” spot and everything just lined up. Visibility was practically unlimited, the lobster were abundant, large fish were common, no sharks in the neighborhood and my ears were cooperative giving me unlimited depth.
Within 2 hours we were headed home with 3 Hogfish and a dozen lobsters. We never even got to 2 of the 3 places I wanted to hit. Next time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

there go's my big toe again

S/V Veranda said...

I think I heard that fresh lobster cures gout.

Anonymous said...

i am willing to try thanks doc