Wednesday, May 6, 2009

May 6, 2009.

We survived the Cinco de Mayo party with no ill effects. It was a nice time. I had no idea just how many different Mexican chip and dip combinations there could possibly be. There had just been a weather window so dozens of boats had crossed back from the Bahamas so the mooring field had really filled up. It was good to see so many of our friends again.

Several months ago Gary from the Packet Inn and I had an interesting conversation. It seems that he had read something about building a water filled manifold to add to your cars engine. The thing was supposed to increase gas mileage 5 fold just by using water and 40 dollars worth of parts.

I do realize that almost everything you read on the internet is true (ie, the mayonnaise / Titanic incident, right Jay lol) but for some unknown reason I was skeptical. I know they have water injection in high powered race cars. But that is to cool the combustion chamber and has nothing to do with gas mileage.

I mean, doesn’t it make sense that if this “technology” worked that auto makers would be adding it to cars at the factory so they could charge you through the nose for it. Yeah, I’m skeptical alright.

So today when we walked out of one of the stores I kinda surprised to actually see one of these homebuilt units on the front of a jeep. Some PVC pipe, some clear plastic tubing and I swear to god, a Mason jar. I actually felt a little bad for the guy. He’s probably the guy who falls for those Nigerian; I wanna send you money scams. He was probably on the way to the bank to check his balance.

No comments: