Sunday, October 13, 2013

October 13, 2013.

The Annapolis Fall Sailboat is ending tomorrow. Its been a great year if you're selling foulies. Its done nothing but rain ridiculously hard for days. I don't remember it ever raining this much on consecutive days.

We didn't even go to the show this year as we're both just so busy with work and getting our boat ready to head south. The highlight of my workweek was when an owner came back from running errands and thought my toolbag sitting in his cockpit looked like a promising spot to stand his wet umbrella. My toolbag is sitting high and dry under his bimini and he thinks it would make a perfect umbrella stand. Idiot.

Oddly enough when he went to claim it to go back out it had disappeared. It was nowhere to be found. Perhaps he left it on the bus or a gust of wind blew it over the side. There was some wind. Some.....

1 comment:

HemiD said...

We were there. Along with my usual rant of strollers, West Marine boat hooks, oversize backpacks, I got to add umbrellas to the mix.

Spent most of Saturday trying to figure out how I was going to fit One Eye ----- into my next boat name versus using umbrellas as cheap proctology utensils.

Good times as always!