Friday, July 1, 2011

June 30, 2011.

We all live in a world that is so much more technological than the one most of us grew up in. Although sometimes I think people can get a little carried away.

We got a phone call at work from a woman whose head wasn’t flushing properly. She wanted to bring the boat in the next day for some immediate attention. Because of limited dock space she was told to call the following morning and she would be told what time they could bring their boat into the yard.

In an effort to facilitate timely repairs there was an email waiting for our service manager the next morning. The emails attachment was a video of their toilet not flushing as it ought to. Are they kidding me? Thank God Al Gore invented the internet otherwise we would have had to wait until the boat actually arrived before getting to see the toilet not working.

I suggested that we should go out and video a toilet that worked properly. I thought that we could send it to her in an email and tell her that it was the latest “service pack”. All she had to do was print it out, wad it up and flush it down her own toilet. Once the “download” was complete things would be back to normal for her. Unless her head is a Vista machine, then she’s pretty well f@#ked.

4 comments:

Chip Estabrooks M/V Scout said...

I believe you're on to something! Would you make me a video of Tucker pooping on the deck?
I'll show it to Dory and after a couple of viewings, I believe she'll be good to 'go'.

S/V Veranda said...

Be careful what you wish for.......:)

Deb said...

As a person who pretty much continuously fights with Vista I really appreciated the laugh on this one!

Deb
S/V Kintala
www.theretirementproject.blogspot.com

MJ said...

Rolling-on-the-floor-laughing-my-a**-off-can't-get-up-where's-my-life-alert?