August 29, 2010.
Its official. The dodger and bimini are done. Completed. Over and done with. Finished. Well, not really but the remaining items needed to complete them are small piddling little things that I can do during the week after work so we should be in good shape to install them both on schedule next weekend. Unless Earl screws it all up.
On Friday night we finally decided on Awlgrip as our choice of paint. So when Saturday morning rolled around we did a little final sanding and then shot a coat of Awlgrips suggested primer. This of course highlighted some of the places where there were still divots and scratches in the finish. So that called for a little more glazing compound and then some more sanding.
We followed this with another coat of primer which of course led to the discovery of yet more areas needing attention. Finally after 3 coats of primer we were satisfied and headed home for the evening.
When we arrived back at the shop on
Sunday morning we looked at the project through fresh eyes and still weren’t satisfied. Christy puttied a few more spots while I laid out and cut the openings for the 2 hatches that we intend to install in the roof of the dodger. After that there was a bit more sanding before a final coat of primer.
After letting the primer dry we mixed up some paint and sprayed 3 full coats. This pretty much took the rest of the afternoon so we headed home pretty satisfied with the weekends progress. Now if it will all just fit into place.