Wednesday, July 7, 2010

July 5, 2010.

I hope everybody had a safe and fun filled Fourth of July. I’ve got to admit that being from New Jersey fireworks in general were always a bit mystical for me. They can’t be bought or sold there so when I was a kid they always seemed so “illegal”. Once you leave the Garden State and head south you can pretty much buy them anywhere. My favorite stand that we’ve encountered so far was located right inside a liquor store. Nothing says fun like alcohol and explosives. It always amazes me at just how many fireworks related injuries there are every year. Did you read about the genius in New York who blew off his entire freaking arm? I’m sure this Einstein will make the papers again in a few years when he accidently rips his penis off while masturbating with his brand spankin’ new prosthetic arm. You’re welcome for the visual.

Anyway, we spent the holiday fiberglassing, before heading back to the boat for doggie haircuts, dinner and some fireworks.

7 comments:

Randy said...

Hey Bill, just want to run this by you as I have been watching with interest on your dodger. I have always wondered if one could take and use the old material and frame and glass over it as in using that for a pattern. Laying up glass over the sumberlla. What is your thought. Randy

MJ said...

Reading your blog gives me a reason to live. Excuse me, I need to go get a subscription to the New York Post....

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the advice on the varnish. I used Mini wax combo stain and polyurethane. It looks great.

Bob
s/v Break'in Away

S/V Veranda said...

Randy, with a little preparation I think it would be a hell of a starting point.

MJ, please come back in off the ledge, I'll continue to write....lol

My dearest Anonymous, I'm glad to hear things went well.

Latitude 43 said...

I was having such a miserable morning at work, read your blog, then imagined the EMT's joking at the scene of the prosthetic arm guys masturbation mishap. :D

Anonymous said...

You haven't written about Molly and Tucker lately. My 3 year old nephew came to visit this week and sends his regards to Molly on her book.

S/V Veranda said...

Thanks for asking about the dogs. They're laying low and avoiding the heat as best they can. Christy gave them shorter than usual haircuts the other day to make life a little easier for them. They're looking forward to heading south already....